So I decided to drill into this file and found an interesting error message about the Digital Signature.
Taking a deeper look into the Certificate, it has expired on 14 Sep 2013.
So the resolution is very simple, ensure your system time is set prior to14 Sep 2013. You can do this in 2 ways depending on how you would like it:
- Change System Date and re-run Recovery
Personally, I would prefer this as I always like clean installs. To shorten things, here's the YouTube videos Acer has put up. So enter the BIOS and do a date change - I'm not going to detail the steps here though.
- Enter the BIOS - http://youtu.be/mcqSllY_EA4
- Change System Date
- Recovery from DVD - http://youtu.be/QMaHm9opZG0
- Skip Connect to Internet until full recovery is completed
This is probably most would do, since you have already ran the Recovery DVD.
- Disable access to Internet
- Change System Date within Windows
- Run C:\OEM\Preload\Command\AlaunchX\ALaunchX.exe (This folder would be hidden, so run as a command)